A partial archive of discourse.wicg.io as of Saturday February 24, 2024.

Web MIDI API support for MIDI 2.0

rektide
2020-01-30

Greetings all. MIDI 2.0 was approved on January 19th, 2020. I’d like to see Web MIDI API updated or complemented with support for MIDI 2.0.

There’s a lot of new capabilities in 2.0! It’ll probably take some work to get there, but it’ll be great when the Web can fully make use the newly expanded Musical Instrument Digital Interface.

Just a stub right now, but I did open a repository for this initiative. I’ll look for better source/reference material soon to start work off of.

I also opened web-midi-api#211 to discuss this, and followed the steps to file a Project Fugu feature request with Chromium.

Lee_T_Davy
2020-06-05

I am trying to also get V1.0 running first while V2.0 is evolving. I started a topic at the Midi Org forum today and also at Chromium which is linked to in my topic. I have a Roland keyboard that has undisclosed features that I have obtained documentation from hardware engineers just as V2.0 may encounter. My current system can alternatively boot Android 9 or Linux / Debian 10 / Ubuntu 20.04 to test.