A partial archive of discourse.wicg.io as of Saturday February 24, 2024.

Capability delegation

mustaqahmed
2020-09-23

“Capability delegation” means allowing a frame to relinquish its ability to call a restricted JS API (e.g. popups, fullscreen, Payment Request and transfer the ability to another (sub)frame it can trust.

We are proposing a generic model for capability delegation that could be utilized by any JS APIs after they have defined their own “special case” delegation behavior. The primary use-case we want to support is allowing online shopping websites to outsource payment collection/processing to third-party Payment Service Providers (PSPs).

Details of the proposal appears here:

mustaqahmed
2021-02-17

An initial implementation of the API is now available in latest Chrome Canary for testing. To try this API with Payment Request, run Chrome 90.0.4414.0 or newer with the command-line flag --enable-blink-features=CapabilityDelegationPaymentRequest, then open this demo.

btidor
2021-04-07

Stripe supports this proposal! We would be interested in using capability delegation for PaymentRequest, popups, and Web Authentication.

hamblingreg52
2021-04-19

@mustaqahmed Yup! i think it is a huge problem for me which i facing during last few days. But thanks all of you for solution. :slightly_smiling_face: